Monday 28 November 2011

ON A ROLE,..

I have never been so intune with my subject before. I cant believe the amount of work i have created. I feel so much better now that we are free to work to our own abilities, still to a schedule, but not as tight as brief that would be given in lower years.
I am having alot of fun printing and testing out different techniques, on different fabrics, with all my different prints.This is the best way to learn new techniques and find out what works and what doesnt, i am continuously buying more and more fabric, but i dont mind, if you want to do well you can’t be too picky and you have to learn from mistakes, for what works and what doesnt. I dont think you can have a mind set of what you want without testing it first. Its a learning process.
Although i have all of these prints already, i still have many more in process and i am feeding them into my sketchbooks as i go.
I am so excited, and i cant wait to actually start making.
The only downside to this, is that i feel like i need to work on my construction, i used to be so good at it, but i have lost my flair slightly as it wasnt a continous subject through our first and second years, we only had certain briefs and modules with construction as part of the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment