Monday 14 November 2011

DEVELOPING A COLLECTION


I feel i have a good flow of work this project. The large range of prints and the broad selection of fabrics gives me a good advantage on the direction the work is heading in. There is a mixture of controversial and commercial prints and many different techniques being used. I already have a large selection of samples done already. All different and unique. I have tried out many techniques such as Painting on a screen, which was really successful for the streaky/stripey effect that i am using - inspired by Francis Bacons Paintings and the Libertine collection Stripey Prints. I have also used Discharge Print over the top of the Painting on a Screen and also on Dischargable cotton, these were very successful. I have tried to discharge denim but it doesnt seem to work very well unless the denim has been dyed first. But as soon as i wash the denim, the discharge print seems to take some of the colour and the effect of the white print, then turns to different colour due to the dyed denim. I just have to find a way around this or one of my fronts just wont work. ITS ALL PART OF THE PROCESS. I am learning alot and i am extremely excited. I LIKE TO STAND OUT AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT I AM DOING!! BRING ON INDIGO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment