Friday 25 November 2011

Dissertation Draft Completed:

Why do effeminate gay men look up to celebrity females as idols and icons? (my question)
The introduction and the First chapter, are full of facts, quotes, and theories which i found very interesting and I also learned a few more things about the subject and had slight comparisons to my thoughts (when younger) with the theorist Karl Heinrich Ulrichs.
My second chapter, i didnt have much trouble writing at all, this chapter is in two parts, and covers two topics about Lady Gaga. Her place as a Gay Icon and the support she has given the gay community and the connection she shares with her fans.
My third chapter, also in two parts, contains information and breakdown topics between Britney Spears and Lady Gaga. The sexualisation of britney spears, and why the gay communtiy still find her alluring, although there is no sexual attraction.
In these two chapters on Gaga and Spears, my voice comes through alot and alot of the information is my own knowledge as well as that, of what i have read. I do feel slightly that i may have overstepped some points and the fact that i have written my own views (even though i havent used the words I, myself, me and so on).
I actually enjoyed this dissertaton draft because its somethign that means alot to me and its something i found interesting. I feel there are other facts i could of envolved but i am already over the wordcount by 2000 words and id idnt want to continue writing as it’ll be harder to break down, so hopefully once read and marked, i will be able to give the dissertation structure and meaning and recieve a good mark at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment