Wednesday 26 October 2011

Francis Bacon: Pope Series

Francis Bacon has always been my favourite artist, ever since i had an interest in art in high school. I like his twist on things, his vision and his expression. The thick brushstrokes, the blend of colours, surrealism, and his twist on his own inspiration of picasso and cubism. I adore this series of The Pope after his study of Valezques portrait of the pope from the 1600’s. I love dark imagery and the horrific portrayal of an important religious figure. Its almost like he was his own art movement, i have never seen anyone elses work in this style before. GORGEOUS. People might find me morbid, intimidating or weird or whatever, but i dont care. i like people who are different, people who stand out and people who are brave and arent scared to do their own thing. so yeah FRANCIS BACON I LOVE YOU.. i may use some of these images to develop my colour story. I liek the use of black, dark purples and hints of other colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment